Love Story 3 column

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine's Tunic for My Sweetheart

As promised to all 4 of my followers (love you lots!!!), I have made another dress with the Charlotte pattern (from Mama Stellato) I used previously here. And here is Annelise in her dress:


It all started with this valentine ticket fabric from where else? Hobby Lobby, my favorite! I'm pretty sure I don't approve of the ticket that says "hottie" for my 14 month old, but I'll just have to ignore that one. It's kind of like playing "Where's Waldo" with the tickets.

 I made a couple of changes to the original pattern for this dress. I shortened the hem about 1 1/2 inches to make it more of a tunic than a dress.

Instead of sewing a fabric sash, I used a wide ribbon. I cut the ends at an angle and heat sealed the edges. Side note: do you know about heat sealing ribbon? I just found out about it last year. You simply pass the cut edge of ribbon through a flame (candle, lighter, etc) a couple of times. Not enough to catch it on fire, just enough to slightly melt the edge and keep it from fraying.

And my final change to the pattern: I cut the sleeves about 1/2" longer, then made a casing and inserted elastic.

Here's one more shot of Annelise. She was so over having her picture taken, but I couldn't resist showing you her amazingly gorgeous blue eyes. If you look up on the edge of the hutch (top left corner of picture), you can see where I put her pacifier. That's probably the real reason for this expression. Oh well, I think she's still pretty darn cute!

Coming up next: Valentine's Hair Clippies

Happy crafting,
Julie

monogram

No comments:

Post a Comment