Love Story 3 column

Monday, January 17, 2011

Charlotte Dress Update

 So here, as promised, is a picture of Annelise in the Charlotte Dress (see earlier post here) after church yesterday. Unfortunately, we had one of those nights, and she only had 4 1/2 hours of sleep on Saturday night. When I got her dressed for church, we were running late and there was no time for a photo session. On the way home, my sleep-deprived little girl fell asleep hard and stayed asleep for a much-needed 1 1/2 hours. When she woke up - cranky, mind you - she couldn't understand why Mommy wanted to take pictures of her instead of feeding her lunch. Bribing her with goldfish was the only way I could even get her to stand up! Sometimes you take what you can get.



When I tried the dress on her on Saturday, I realized the sleeve length was the tiniest bit too short. So I improvised and added a ruffle (about 1") to the sleeve ends. Now there's a bit of growing room, and I think it makes the dress even cuter.
 I wanted to make some kind of hair clip to match, and I found these buttons at Wal-Mart for about $1.25. The colors match perfectly! I had some brown ribbon, but didn't have any inspiration for a bow. I decided I wanted to use the dress fabric, and thought some sort of ruffle around the button would be cute. I've never made a yo-yo, so I just googled "making yo-yos" and found some simple instructions.

Here's the finished hair clip. I made the yo-yo about 2" wide, threaded ribbon through the button holes, and fired up the glue gun. I glued the button to the yo-yo, glued a bit of felt to the bottom, glued ribbon around an alligator clip, then glued that to the felt.


I went to Hobby Lobby today (favorite store ever!) and bought more fabric, of course. Hopefully I'll have another super cute something to show you soon.

Until next time,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment