Love Story 3 column

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Let the Matching Outfits Begin!

I've never really been into matching dressing. My husband hates it - so we certainly never have as a couple. But now that I'm about to have TWO little precious girls in my house, I think a few matching outfits are in order. Don't you?

Caroline Rose, aka baby #2, is due on February 13, so who knows if she'll actually arrive in time for Valentine's Day. But just in case, she and Annelise have matching dresses to wear.

The fabric was a sweet pink & white knit from the clearance table at Hobby Lobby (shocker!), and I managed to cut the pieces from about 1 yard, costing me a whopping $4 for 2 dresses! I thought about getting some Valentine's-specific fabric, but just in case Caroline takes her time (like Annelise did) they can wear these any time.

Caroline's dress (I've forgotten how utterly darling little newborn clothes are!) was made from a free pattern I just found a couple of weeks ago. Sew Much Ado offers the printable pattern pieces and instructions for FREE. 

Annelise's dress was made from the Charlotte Dress pattern I purchased from Mama Stellato. I bought the pattern last year for $6, and you get a PDF file emailed to you that has sizes from 6M to 5T. (You can reprint as many times as you need to cut each size.) I used this pattern before here and here.

I'm also starting to cut out the same 2 dresses for St. Patrick's Day. Again, I didn't want something holiday-specific, so I found this green/white/black print at Hobby Lobby and plan to accent it with a B&W polka dot scrap I already had on hand. Stay tuned...

Happy crafting,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I have 3 girls and its getting harder to make seasonal clothing. But maybe some valentine skirts this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete