Love Story 3 column

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Crayon Roll Party Favors

For my daughter's 2nd birthday, I wanted to make something special for each party guest. I have seen crayon rolls at craft sales and totally knew I could make them myself. So I just googled them and found lots of tutorials. I took my favorite parts from 2 different blogs (Make It & Love It and The Pleated Poppy) and whipped up a few.

I looked for some Disney fabric to go along with our Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme (see full party post here), but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. There were several Mickey fabrics to be found, but the only Minnie fabric I could find was either flannel or fleece. I wanted plain cotton. So I just went a basic boy/girl route with some cute fabric I found at - where else? - Hobby Lobby. And of course, they had great coordinating themes. Besides, maybe the other kiddos aren't ultra-MMC fans like we are at out house.

Here's how they turned out:

 For the girls - pink butterflies!

 All rolled up.

For the boys - robots and stripes.

I like the ribbon ties I've seen on some crayon rolls, but since these were being given to 2 year olds, I thought they stood a better chance of looping a hair elastic around a big button. I've never seen a toddler tie a bow! These were super easy to make, and since I made 4 of each, the assembly line process made them go pretty quickly.
Right now we are trying to get Annelise's bedroom transformed from nursery to big girl room. But for some reason, my husband keeps injuring himself. He got a pinched nerve in one shoulder over Thanksgiving, and as soon as he was over that, he got a bruised rib near the other shoulder playing flag football last weekend. He's not up for rearranging furniture. So now we are waiting on some college guys from our church to come over and give us a hand. One of these days! I really wanted to get her in her big girl bed earlier this month to give her lots of transition time before the baby comes (mid February), but at this point we will just have to go with it.

Anyway, I hope to have some posts soon about how cute her new big girl room is. Just don't hold your breath!

In the meantime, I have packages to wrap, one more Christmas gift to sew (for Annelise, of course!), a stocking to finish (2 1/2 years in the making), a house to clean, groceries to buy, and cooking to do. What? There are only 3 days until Christmas? I'd better get busy.

Happy crafting,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment