Love Story 3 column

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Table Runner

Gosh, I've got to get better about posting more often! Anyone who knows me personally will tell you I'm a huge procrastinator. Always have been, probably always will be. Oh well, I do about half the best I can! (hehehe)

I have actually made a few things since my last post, I just either haven't taken any pics, haven't downloaded pics from the camera, or just haven't gotten around to composing a post. Here's one of my latest creations...


I've told you how much I love the Weekend Wrap-up Link Party at Tatertots & Jello. A few weeks ago, I found the tutorial for this table runner through the link party. You can find all the instructions at Diary of a Quilter. Amy Smart's tutorial is very well-written with lots of great pictures. If you are comfortable sewing, you should be able to follow along easily. This was a 3-nap project for me: 1 nap for cutting and arranging the fabric strips; 1 nap for piecing and quilting; and 1 nap for the binding.

I would love to show you how great this runner looks on my dining table, but it's currently covered in crap craft stuff and other junk. I have to clean it off before Easter, so I'll try to get a good pic then. For now, the stairs were about the cleanest surface I could find to use as a backdrop. (I'm a crafter, not a cleaner!)

Here are a couple of close-ups:



I'm really branching out here, color-wise. My house is mostly decorated in red, white, and blue Americana. Pastels just aren't something I'm usually drawn to. But I thought for spring/Easter, I would make an exception. the colors aren't coming out quite as vivid as they are in person, but the back is a limey spring green. I can use the runner on either side.

As hinted at a couple of weeks ago, I have a baby name banner tutorial coming up. The baby shower for the recipient was yesterday, and I wanted the mommy-to-be to see it first. Hopefully I'll have it up in the next day or two. Until then...

Happy crafting,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Too bad I can't sew worth a darn. Maybe I'll learn in my next lifetime. ;) In the meantime, I'll just have to admire other people's sewing--like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the runner you made! The fabrics you used are some of my favorites. :) I made a runner like this past Thanksgiving and really loved her tute.

    ReplyDelete